Thursday, June 19, 2008

¡España!

Well folks...I am here safe and sound. I arrived Wednesday at 3 pm this time. I am happy to say that my bag also arrived with me! My flights went well. They were long but I slept most of them. I am living with a family and then also my roommate Blanca. It will be amazing if I get a word in the way that Blanca and my mama talk! My family is very nice. Living in the apartment is the mom and dad and a 23 year old daughter. It is a 3 bedroom apartment...
After arriving yesterday I took a quick nap and then Blanca and I walked around for a couple hours. It is amazing how long the sun stays up here! It was 9 pm and it felt like it was 4 with how high the sun was! It is HOT! But we stay inside and all the stores close from 1:30-5:30 for siestas because no one wants to be out with the sun being that intense! The city is a city! There are stores and lots of cars and people. The people here are beautiful and casual attire is my top formal wear! So I look like a tourist! Ah well!
Today the program began. We took a tour of a few central spots of the city. The architecure here is amazing. A lot of old buildings with great history... I will try to post pictures eventually! We walked through one neighborhood that was definitely the Sevilla seen in books with the narrow roads, tall buildings, and flowers on the decks... The cathedral is a phenomonal building one of the biggest in the world. There is so much history here!
I have nothing too exciting to report...we are hoping to go do things this weekend...check out a beach or something! So much to do and so little time!

1 comment:

Dena said...

Just embrace the tourist in you Cara :)

So glad you have this - I'm looking forward to reading all of the exciting details!