Monday, May 3, 2010

2 months later...

So sometimes I forget to write. My bad.
What is going on as of late???
I HAVE A NIECE!!! She is beautiful and I am super thankful for her. I CANNOT wait to hold her and love her and feel her little heart beating against mine. Her birth has made me extra homesick, but the countdown is in the 40's so I CAN DO IT!!!
Today I just had to laugh at this...Most kids put their assignment in their book to keep it safe, or a folder, or a binder, or they give it to me. One of my students folds it into 8ths and stores it in his wallet. So today when I was checking their assignment he pulls out his wallet and among about 6 other assignments, he pulls out his math assignment. Pretty smart, because your wallet is definitely one thing you make sure is safe!
When we left for Spring Break there was rumor that we were going to have to go into serious water rationing. Even before we left, the water was being rationed. Our big tank was filled every 3 days. If it ran out before, too bad so sad you will be smelly. We never ran out, but we did get low! Anyway, there was rumor that it was going to be moved to every 3 WEEKS that we would get water. Well God heard our prayers and we have been having CRAZY storms. The thunder will shake the walls, it is pretty awesome. And the rain, well the rain is great. However rain means more bugs which is not good for some. I am not suffering from the bugs, but others are getting eaten alive which is no fun.
I am currently reading the book 'Follow Me to Freedom' by Shane Claiborne and John Perkins. It is a book about being a Christian leader and what that means. It is challenging me to think about who I might be leading and where I am leading them to. And also where God might be calling me to be in a leadership role. Sometimes I wonder why God called me to Honduras. I believe it was to strip me of all the comforts and routine of life. I left a community of people who knew me and appreciated me. I left behind being able to fly home on a whim if my heart desired. I left behind my cell phone, my car, my amazing bed, everything...God is teaching me that He is all I need. I was stripped of every comfort that I had and was forced and still am forced to rely on Him; to KNOW Him. He has put people in my life to encourage me to find my everything in Him. "The Christian life is about surrounding ourselves with people who like like someone we want to become, people who may be a few steps ahead of us on the journey." Does this mean surround yourself only with people who are amazing Christians? No. It means your inner circle, your bff's, your homie g's need to be able challenge you and hold you accountable. So that in turn together we can reach out. A leader can't lead by his/herself. We need each other. I am truly thankful for my bbf's, my homie g's, my family. I feel like God is guiding me into something, some sort of leadership role somewhere somehow, we'll wait and see what that is!
We have 29 days of school left. I am trying my best not to be anxious for the summer. God is teaching me patience!

No comments: