Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oh Mr. Sun Sun Mr. Golden Sun..

Where is the sun? So when people think of Honduras weather, you think of tropics, being close to the equator which means warmth. NOT SO FAST. The past few days we can see our breath in my classroom. I teach wearing mittens and grasping a hot cup of tea. It is in the 40's which doesn't sound so bad, BUT when you don't have any source of heat it can be miserable. There is no relief from this bitterness, till you crawl under your many covers. I am very thankful for my bed and my warm blankets. I am thankful for my apartment that keeps me out of the wind. However, it is cold!!!
So we've been back for a week and a half. It was hard to leave home. My time home was a blessing. I was able to go to Jessica's ultrasound. It was AMAZING. At the time, the baby was the size of a pop can. I never knew the intricate details one can see in an ultrasound, the 4 chambers of the heart, the hemisphere's of the brain...INCREDIBLE!!! It was the hi-lite of my break. Hanging out with Colby and getting his hugs and kisses and being told story after story was amazing. I love him. I love my family too. Lots of laughter and bonding time!
I've been back in Honduras for about a week and a half now. Not going to lie, it is good to be back. Leaving was HARD, but I KNOW this is where I am supposed to be. I know that God has many plans for me. This semester my goals are to love the students that I struggle to love, to love the kids of the feeding center, to love the students that already love me, to love my colleagues and to just LIVE FOR HIM!!
Please pray that Steph, Stacy and I will be able to live in the city next year. We are getting discouraged. We feel called to serve up here and down in the city and our heart's desire is to be down there. It is hard to find a safe affordable place in the city. Pray that God will provide that!

No comments: