Tuesday, July 1, 2008

As some of you may know Spain won the EuroCup! And I was hear to experience it! I was able be with a crowd of Spaniards to yell and scream to the TV. The celebration out on the street was CRAZY! I think the whole city emptied out into the plazas. There wasn't a horn that wasn't being honked or a voice not being heard. I wonder how many people were late to work the next day!!!
This past weekend we went to Granada to see La Alhambra. It is Arabic palaces, a castle, cathedral, gardens dating back to the 9th century. It was the home of the king and was were political stuff happened. It was very beautiful and just awesome. The buildings were phenomonel with all the intricate details in the designs on the walls and the patios and gardens were amazing. It is not really anything I can explain and would be rather boring. So I will spare you! Google it if you want to see and learn more! :)
Also in Granada we went shopping and walked around the old city. We experiences tapas, apetizers. It is just a beautiful city at the foot of the Sierra Nevadas. It was a fun city to hang out in.
Monday we went to an assisted living home and visited with the old folks. They told me I don't talk right...I haven't developed the Castillian accent of no 's' and using the the sound correctly. It was fun to talk to them though. Also that evening we went to a flameno dance. It is a traditional Spanish dance and was very interesting to see.
Today we went to the royal house palace whatever here in Sevilla. It is still used whenever royalty rolls in...It was very impressive. Tomorrow we are going to an art museum and Thursday to another place to look at art.
Today 3 friends and I rented a paddle boat and paddled down the river. That was fun and relaxing! We enjoyed being on the water and then walking around trying to find an open churro stand, and never found it! It was disappointing!
Well Thursday I go to Paris!!! I am very excited. And then next Thursday the program is done! :( But the adventures won't stop! I've got a cruise to go on!!!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

baaaaaa! you're doing so much cool stuff! i love it! i wish i spoke better spanish.... :( when i get around to traveling spain you will just have to come with me and translate...